Link G2/G3 ecu wire in ecu - compatible between RB20 and VG30?

Paladn

Hey guys

I contacted link support years ago to check if the G2/3 wirein ecus are the same / interchangeable between the 300zx Z32 ecu and the R32 RB ecu

this was the answer i got back in 2015

Hardware wise they are the same. You would need to check the configuration (PCL file) and sub-board switch settings.

is anyone able to tell me how to check the PCL file?, sub board switch settings i can just compare the 2 ecus

I know they are old, just wanting to reuse something i have laying around

any help would be great thanks in advance

If it is a wire-in ecu it is not designed for any engine or vehicle in particular, you set it up to match how it has been wired.  

Or are you talking about a G3 "adaptalink" box?

What ecu do you actually have?  G3 doesnt have a trigger sub-board, and there are very few G2's out in the wild.  So it sounds more like the answer you have quoted from tech support is related to a G1.  

Hey adam

thanks for the reply email support helped me ID them, they are both green/white units so apparently G2. Ill take some photos here and post tomorrow

They are both wire in units that i have and below is the support response

G2 Linkplus so it would be a direct swap even the sub-board settings will remain the same just a case of wiring in to the new application and then tuning to suit. 
To tune it you will need the G3 PCLink software, https://www.linkecu.com/pclink/PCLink%20V3.40%20Build%202%20Setup.exe?_gl=1*1b2y1xw*_ga*MTIyNTc0OTI2MS4xNjI2OTI2NDMz*_ga_YGEEXMZ8NR*MTY4ODMyNjY2MS42NC4xLjE2ODgzMjY2NzQuNDcuMC4w

G2 manual can be found at https://forums.linkecu.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2538

Green and white could be a G1 or G2, visually from the outside they are not much different.  I come across probably 10X more G1's than G2's so I still say more likely it is a G1.  A photo with the cover off would confirm.  

78605529_10157675821031390_4220429208024776704_n.png