FJ20 and Atom G4+ Trigger Wiring Help

fj510

Hey Guys,

I'm currently wiring up my Datsun 1600 running an fj20 turbo with an  older Atom G4+. The car runs 4x LS1 coils and the original dizzy for a crank trigger. Can i grab some help as to what 4 wires out of the dizzy go to trigger 1 and 2 in the atom header. Also what settings in the ignition needed to get it running before a tune. I'm guessing something similar to the SR20 CAS settings in the help menu.

Much appreciated, Thanks.

Some info below borrowed from another site:

Distributor

The distributor is located under the intake plenum. A dual optical (Hall Effect) trigger is used on this engine with a slotted disc inside the distributor.  The trigger has 4x slots spaced at 90 degrees with 1x slot larger than the others. The Home (sync) has 360x slots (1x every 2 degrees).  This trigger system does support Sequential fuel control and Direct Fire ignition.

DocsDisplay?zgId=672825763&mode=inline&blockId=k7dmgbebfec45706e494e9cacd98583e2941b

Wiring
Wire Colour Description  
Red 12V+ Switched  
Green Trigger  
Black Signal Ground  
White Home  

• Red to Ign switched 12V supply (same as ecu or injectors etc).
  • Black to sensor ground (Pin 7 or 24).
  • White (sometimes green/black) to trigger 1
  • Green (sometimes green/yellow) to trigger 2

Set trigger mode to Nissan 360 opto and I think the widest slot setting will be 9deg.  You can use the ECCS sync test to confirm.  Im not sure of the offset but try -90. 

• 5 months later...

Hey Guys, 

Hoping to get some more help, i have just performed at ECCS sync test and getting the following results.

Trigger 1 No and Trigger 2 Yes

I have just removed the dizzy and checked all wiring for continuity with no issues, wired as per above info. When wiring the ecu i also fitted a new crank sensor,  part number cas-016m recommend by the fj20 forums.  Any help to why i wouldn't be getting a green YES on trigger 1 would be muchly appreciated. I tried to do a trigger scope but it seems the Atom doesn't have this feature. 

Thanks

20240101_173124[1].jpg

20240101_173107[1].jpg

I just tried swapping trigger 1 and 2 wires at the ecu header and tested again. I got all Green lights on Trigger 1, Trigger 2 and ECCS Sync? Now when ECCS is offer I'm getting an rpm speed of 200ish on cranking. What do you think mate? all good? Maybe this sensor i fitted for a D22 Navara is wiring backwards from the FJ20? Before starting do you recommend doing a base timing test?

Thanks again

Yes, that sounds like it is happy now. 

You can try starting it with the offset at -100 and if it starts it is easier to check the timing while it is idling.  It it doesnt start then you will need to get a timing light connected and adjust the offset until the timing is somewhere close.  Then check it again once running.