G4 Xtreme RED logging struggle

Ivaylo Angelov

Hello all,

I need help please!

Recently I realized I just can't open and view my log files. I can open and see just the provided with the PCLink two sample logs. Today I downloaded and saved on my PC all 10 available log files in my ecu via the ECU Controls -> ECU Log File Download ->Save file as. A bit later at home I tried to view the files as Time Plot but after selecting the needed parameters they just don't appear on the time plot. What I'm doing is as follows:

Open PCLink->In Logging open a log file->choose Time Plot-> Add parameter-> Press OK.

Also I have hard times to understand when PC logging is set up what happens with the ECU logging? Do they log at the same time?

Is there any difference between a PC log file and a ECU log file? It looks like the ECU log file includes lesser number of parameters. Is that correct?

A log file downloaded from my ecu is attached.

Thank you!

new7.llg

Here it is Kris,

It is a bit larger than 4.32kB

Thanks for you time!

Menwhile I opened some log file with all parameters visible which appeared to be PC logged, but I'm not sure how exactly it was stored. What have I done to save it on my PC. 

I see your log values in the time plot for what you have actually logged - it looks like the engine is off, however, during the log you attached.  I've not worked with the G4 internal logging before, however, so I'm unsure what issue you may be having.  Does PC logging work fine?  I see the rate is set to 10Hz - I would try upping that to 40Hz if you can.  I would also make sure you are using a good quality cable to connect to the Link ECU and you have ignition on, but the engine not running while trying to download any internal logs as the communication should be more stable and faster while the engine isn't running.