OBD2 dash and Link PNP

ATSAaron

https://www.amazon.com/Lufi-Speedometer-Temperature-Combination-Honda、Toyota、VW/dp/B09XB6L26X/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3DGHX4D7W0FYY&keywords=obd2+dash+display&qid=1693533173&sprefix=obd2+dash+%2Caps%2C209&sr=8-5

I'm trying to use this little display with my Link g4x pnp. I've tried every thing I CAN think of and it will not connect. Dash connects to wife's Cayenne with no issues. 

OBD port is wired to CAN2 

CAN2 is set to "user defined" 250kb/sec and ISO15765 on CAN2  

Data Channel 1-10 on CAN2 are all set to off. 

What am I missing?

Aaron

Yeah that should be all you need to do, assuming it does actually support CAN.  It wouldnt hurt to try 500K also. 

There was another user on here a while ago with a similar Chinese display that wouldnt request any data until it saw data on the bus, so also try turning on a generic dash stream or similar to see putting other data on the bus wakes it up.   

• 10 months later...
On 9/1/2023 at 9:12 PM, ATSAaron said:

Got it! Wasn’t a Link or wiring issue at all. Took me a while to find the can/OBD modes inside the little dash device. 

Thanks Adam. 

IMG_1883.jpeg

Hi, would you kindly share the lufi setup please? i have one connect to g4x storm but couldnt display the value of coolant temp, iat and others, just displaying rpm & batt voltage.

coolant temp is -40c iat -40c, no movement on tps.