Subaru Alternator Control not fully functional

Danbot02

Hi, I have a liberty b4 ‘02 model with a Link g4X plug n play for an ‘02 wrx (wrx9x).

I am struggling to get my alternator control to work. At the moment the only way to have the alternator ON is to have the FF table at 100% if the duty cycle drops below 97% for what ever reason, the alternator turns OFF. I am sure of this as the voltage changes from 14.6V to 12.6V.

I have just installed a new alternator to ensure that wasnt the issue.

Any ideas on whats going on?

These alternators dont require ecu control, hence they are not even connected on our plug-in ecu.  

The ecu control pin is only used to switch the alternator into "no load" charge mode when there is little electrical load under cruise conditions, around 12.9V.  It is an emissions/efficiency feature and the step change in voltage will just cause tuning issues for the average user, therefore not desired or recommended for most.  

But it's plugged into the ECU from the factory. It was on an NC pin on the PNP but I moved it as it wasn't working before and still isn't now.

How would I set it up to sort itself out again?

It also loses charge if I put it into "no load".

Mitsubishi Style MXA2044 3pin

As I just tried to explain, the alternator control wire that connects to the ecu is only to switch the alternator into low voltage mode.  Without it connected it will charge in normal mode at about 14.5V.  With that pin grounded the alternator will only charge at 12.9V.  I would suggest disconnecting the wire.