Traction control in action

GW_Rowan

>s it reasonable to expect, TC to work in the background in a seamless manner, similar to that of Motec?

Yep, it is on mine. Once we resolved some false spikes then it's very quick/smooth. When I was getting false slip off one of the speed sensors I had to allow too much slip that of course was then doing some 100% cuts. 

On mine - if it's just in ignition trimming then you hardly notice it, it just feels like it's down on power slightly (as it's playing with timing, controlling torque) as the ignition cuts increase then of course you start to hear/feel it. 

I've just got my car going from other reasons, so when I find some time I'll get some video of it doing it's thing. 

12 hours ago, Arvindhmuktevi said:

Can anyone shed some light on what can be done to smoothen then TC cut? I have tried with Ignition cut disabled, still feels quite abrupt and almost akin to 90's JDM OEM TC's. 

You dont have any TC cut at all in either log.  In the one labelled "TC Cut" you have hit the RPM limit.  

37 minutes ago, Adamw said:

You dont have any TC cut at all in either log.  In the one labelled "TC Cut" you have hit the RPM limit.  

Thank you for your prompt reply, I don't get why RPM limit was activated at 7800 RPM because my RPM limit is set to 8200? I will report back with a better log, apologies.

image.thumb.png.24fcd0dada529d479b8bdebf35835083.png

6 hours ago, SuperchargedK20Fraser said:

>s it reasonable to expect, TC to work in the background in a seamless manner, similar to that of Motec?

Yep, it is on mine. Once we resolved some false spikes then it's very quick/smooth. When I was getting false slip off one of the speed sensors I had to allow too much slip that of course was then doing some 100% cuts. 

On mine - if it's just in ignition trimming then you hardly notice it, it just feels like it's down on power slightly (as it's playing with timing, controlling torque) as the ignition cuts increase then of course you start to hear/feel it. 

I've just got my car going from other reasons, so when I find some time I'll get some video of it doing it's thing. 

That is certainly confidence inspiring mate, I have now removed Ignition cut and left it at ignition trim but seem to be hitting RPM limit (clearly user error). Mind sharing your TC settings? Appreciate it would be different for each car due to controllable and uncontrollable variables.

32 minutes ago, Arvindhmuktevi said:

Thank you for your prompt reply, I don't get why RPM limit was activated at 7800 RPM because my RPM limit is set to 8200?

The PC log is only sampling at 40Hz and on top of this the RPM value that you see in the log (and live on screen) is averaged over each TDC event, so the RPM you see in a PC log will sometimes be a little lower than the real RPM that the ECU is using, and you will not see small spikes etc either.   Secondly, with the default RPM limit settings there is a 200RPM control range, this means limiting starts 200RPM before the set RPM limit.  

You can ECU log at rates up to 1000Hz to see better data.  

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

The PC log is only sampling at 40Hz and on top of this the RPM value that you see in the log (and live on screen) is averaged over each TDC event, so the RPM you see in a PC log will sometimes be a little lower than the real RPM that the ECU is using, and you will not see small spikes etc either.   Secondly, with the default RPM limit settings there is a 200RPM control range, this means limiting starts 200RPM before the set RPM limit.  

You can ECU log at rates up to 1000Hz to see better data.  

Thank you for that Adam, it makes sense now. PC is being logged at 40HZ, ECU log is at 1000HZ but the right parameters have not been selected so I can't provide that.

Below is a better log (40hz) where I experienced the cut and RPM limit has hit, but I was keeping an eye on my Link dash and was no where close to 8200rpm..

image.thumb.png.44c7b911fd376dd8d2dfa249b6db6f46.png

image.thumb.png.0c6ade598b0fac0f4080d05850a7d1a8.png

G4X TC cut B18 Turbo.llgx

It's kind of wild that you got to the max 25 degree ignition trim in half a second but your wheel slip kept going up. Could you add a fuel cut to that as well, or maybe get closed loop boost going so you can dump boost? Wheel slip only subsides when you lift.

It is definitely still the RPM limit being hit. 

8 hours ago, Arvindhmuktevi said:

but I was keeping an eye on my Link dash and was no where close to 8200rpm..

Your dash stream is only setup to transmit at 1Hz so it will be even less useful than the 40Hz log.