1UZ VVTI - 4 injectors not working

e1an

Hi all, 

I have a 1UZ VVTI with a G4X Xtreme and a harness from Panic Wire. I've been going through all the pre-first start setup and tests, including running the injector test on all 8 injectors. Unfortunately I discovered that # 1, 3, 5, and 7 on the right side are all not working.

I initially thought that it might be a ground issue and moved the right side signal ground around to a few different locations with no success. It's currently grounded to the chassis on the same bolt as the left side, which is working great. 

I also verified 12V at each plug and tested the resistance between the pins of the injectors at ~13Ω which is correct to my knowledge. Panic sent me the ECU with a pre-loaded base tune and the settings seem correct for sequential injection. I'll pull the file off my laptop and attach it here momentarily. Looking for any advice on other things I can test to completely rule out a wiring issue or problem with the ECU. I find it highly unlikely that all 4 injectors on one side would all fail at once, but this engine's history is unknown so I suppose it's possible. Just wanting confirmation before I pull the fuel rail apart and replace them all. 

Thanks in advance. 

1uz startup.pclx

Are your multimeter leads long enough to test continuity from say Inj6 pin at the ecu to inj6 pin at the injector plug? 

Its possible that some have seized if they have been sitting around a while.  Can you temporarily unclip the loom and plug say #1 inj wire onto #2 and see if #2 inj clicks when doing the test on 1?

On 9/17/2023 at 3:57 PM, Adamw said:

Are your multimeter leads long enough to test continuity from say Inj6 pin at the ecu to inj6 pin at the injector plug? 

Its possible that some have seized if they have been sitting around a while.  Can you temporarily unclip the loom and plug say #1 inj wire onto #2 and see if #2 inj clicks when doing the test on 1?

Adam, thanks for the helpful suggestion. I just unplugged the harness and moved one plug over to the other side. Unfortunately it looks like I do actually have 4 bad injectors! That’s not fun but at least it isn’t a wiring problem.

Its pretty common for them to get stuck when they have been sitting around for a while without proper flushing before storage.  Often you can get them unstuck by giving them short bursts of 12V with a couple of wires straight from the battery and a few gentle bangs with a hammer etc at the same time.