USDM Subaru "Hybrid" EJ25 XtremeX Setup

damen

Hi there-

I'm installing a G4X XtremeX on my GD Subaru racecar and was hoping to double check which base map to start with. The engine is a fresh rebuild with the 2.5L block and the USDM 2.0L heads with non-AVCS cams and single reluctor type cam trigger. From what I understand, the trigger mode will be the Subaru V7-V10 (JDM), but for first fire up, which of the 8 or 9 "Subaru ..." will most closely match this engine?

Thanks!

damen

The V7/8 or 9 map will do it assuming it is a cable operated throttle, there is very little difference between those 3 maps.   And turn off the VVT, the TGV function and the 4D fuel map assuming you no longer have TGV's.  

The V7-10 trigger mode suits the 36-2-2-2 crank wheel with the separate 2 tooth cam sync wheel at the front of the engine. 

Id probably start with or V11 map in that case since the throttle and idle control set up will save a big part of the initial setup time.  Just change trigger mode to V7-10, turn off VVT, TGV, 4D fuel and anything else not relevant such as MAF, PS switch and cruise control.