Compatibility question regarding the CIVICLink - HC96X ECU and my 98 Acura CL...

Boostwerks

Hey there. I'm currently scoping out a standalone ECU for my 98 Acura CL with the 2.3L. My question however is that the last I checked the 98+ CL's have an OBD2B ECU not an OBD2A, but the 98 CL is listed on the page as being compatible? I just wanted to make sure that the CIVICLink - HC96X will be compatible with my vehicle?

Click here to link to the page

Also, is there a way for the Link ECU to maintain the OEM OBD2 functionality? 

Thanks! 

Bryson W.

Boostwerks Racing

376777366_7274824915911449_5724019310078

Yeah you are right, Im 99% sure your car would have a OBD2B ecu, so wouldnt be compatible with our HC96X.  Im not sure how we ended up with it being listed as compatible on the ecu webpage but I will get that fixed up.  

14 hours ago, Boostwerks said:

Also, is there a way for the Link ECU to maintain the OEM OBD2 functionality? 

The factory OBD2 socket uses K-Line, Link only supports OBD2 data via CAN bus, which uses different pins in the obd2 socket so you would need to run two new wires from the ECU to the CAN pins in the OBD2 plug.  And be aware that OBD2 functionality is limited to basic data streaming of common variables and clearing codes etc, our ecu's wont respond to any of the emissions related queries such as IM readiness that are heavily legislated.