Nissan z32 Link G4X potential software issue

Danielz32

Hello, I currently am having a issue with my Link G4x installed in my Z32 nissan. No power at all, no crank, nothing. 

Events leading to this: 

Put the key in the ignition, turned to ON position. Fuel pump primed as normal and normal dash cluster lights appeared. No issues.

Proceeded to plug in my laptop to make adjustments to the tune, laptop froze upon plugging in the USB from the Link G4x. Did not get ECU connected prompt and the link tuning program was completely unresponsive. 

Unplugged the USB to the G4x, and restarted my laptop. Turned key ignition off and removed key. 

After my laptop was finished booting up, started up the tuning program. Then attempted to key power ON the car and nothing, no lights on dash and no fuel pump prime. Also can not connect at all to the G4x 

I checked all fuses, no issues. 12v at the battery and 12v at corresponding ecu pins. 

I have had the G4x installed for more than a year now and never had this issue, though I can say I have had a few issues at times with the ecu connecting properly to my laptop. 

I believe the G4x might have been glitched or a file corruption occurred, and I think its due to the laptop, thing is constantly updating even when I tell it not to, seems to run worse with every Microsoft forced update as well... 

Any advice would be very useful, thank you in advance. 

-Daniel 

Update: After attempting multiple times I managed to get the laptop connected, immediately afterwards the lights on the dash prompted and the fuel pump kicked on. This is truly a oddball situation and im sure I will not know the exact cause. 

Now I can stop sweating for now

Thanks all

Ignition power, dash lights and starter motor have nothing to do with the ecu, they are all powered direct from the ignition switch.  All of it would still work even without the ecu plugged in (except the CE light which is grounded by the ecu).  If you have no starter motor then your main power supply is missing.  

Still could not find the issue or replicate it, im sure it is a coincidence issue. combination of the near 30 year old wiring, could even be a faulty ground. I might add that I had not started the car for 3 days prior to this. 

Luckily power is back for now and I am able to connect, ill check everything associated with main power to see if it will replicate what happened

Thank you Adam