G1 LinkPlus not connecting to Windows 11

GC8KYNC

Just getting to the point of the current project to test signals from engine to Link Plus G1. ECU definitely has power, but it seems there is an issue with serial to USB drivers. No Link detected and nothing in the device manager. I have downloaded the newer G4 mentioned in some of the forum threads, but this did not help. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks Jeff 

The LinkPlus doesnt even have USB.  You should have a serial link device connected to the ecu with a ribbon cable, then the laptop connects to the serial port on that box.    

How are you connecting the laptop to the seriallink?

I have all of the necessary parts including the ribbon cable, serial link device, & adapter cable from serial link to usb for laptop connection. I am trying to figure out how to get the Windows 11 laptop to recognize the ECU. Possibly a driver issue?  Do you have any suggestions? 

I have all of the necessary parts including the ribbon cable, serial link device, & adapter cable from serial link to usb for laptop connection. I am trying to figure out how to get the Windows 11 laptop to recognize the ECU. Possibly a driver issue?  Do you have any suggestions? 

IMG_5637.HEIC

What Im saying is the link ecu is just a native serial device, there is no driver used or needed and the laptop will never recognise if a serial ecu is connected or not.  All the ecu needs to communicate with PC Link is a working Com port.

Your USB to serial adapter should create a Com port in windows device manager, so if you dont see a Com port in the device manager when you plug in your USB to serial device then this is your problem.  I would still expect however even if you didnt have the correct drivers, when you plugged in the USB adapter you would see an "Unknown device" in windows device manager with a yellow exclamation mark beside it.  This adapter is not a Link product, you will need to find the manufacturer of the USB to serial adapter and get installation support including the windows 11 drivers from them. 

If you cant find the manufacturer, or they dont offer win11 drivers then you could try some generic ones, they may or may not work depending on if the manufacturer has programmed a custom vendor ID into it.  The vast majority of USB-to-serial adapters use 1 of 2 common chipsets internally, those being the prolific PL23** or the FTDI FT232.  

Generic prolific drivers here: https://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

Generic FTDI drivers here: https://ftdichip.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/CDM212364_Setup.zip