.15 volts to coils and can-lambda not working

kevinlee

hey im working on a 4age 20v blacktop in an ae86, running link atomx ecu.

motor is stock aside from air filter, exhaust and 1zz coil on plugs

the issue im having is while trying to get the tach to read, i had it working with this same ecu and the 16v engine but for some reason the output voltage to the coil on plugs is .15-.20 volts, the tach has a 22k resistor.

also i cant get the can lambda to read afrs properly, it just shows 0.00 in red

10-22-2023 map.pclx PC Datalog - 2023-10-22.llgx Trigger Scope - 2023-10-22.llgx

Trigger Scope looks good.
How did you connect the tach? As far as I can see, all your aux outputs have been used and there's no output assigned for tach. 

For CAN Lambda, you'd need to check the wirings, but it seems that the logged errors indicate a bad sensor.

2 hours ago, essb00 said:

Trigger Scope looks good.
How did you connect the tach? As far as I can see, all your aux outputs have been used and there's no output assigned for tach. 

For CAN Lambda, you'd need to check the wirings, but it seems that the logged errors indicate a bad sensor.

ok so the o2 sensor was bad, thank you. one that i was trying to use was brand new, so now the afrs are working properly.

as for the tach im sure i wont be able to piggyback off the coil trigger. not sure why its labeled as a spare when its being used .

is there a way to get it to work?

where did you find the logged errors?

You can make a time plot and parameter list. You can see the lambda status as you move the time plot slider (like below). *Check the fault code descriptions in the help file.
image.thumb.jpeg.5a8eecc5fa3b6b4f4cd18ce077cd1946.jpeg

You may be able to get around it by changing your COPs to wasted spark instead to free up two ignition channels and use them for VVT and fuel pump. You need to use a dedicated aux output channel for tach signal.
Which pin on the 34-pin connector is that spare connected to?

On 10/23/2023 at 1:42 AM, essb00 said:

You can make a time plot and parameter list. You can see the lambda status as you move the time plot slider (like below). *Check the fault code descriptions in the help file.
image.thumb.jpeg.5a8eecc5fa3b6b4f4cd18ce077cd1946.jpeg

You may be able to get around it by changing your COPs to wasted spark instead to free up two ignition channels and use them for VVT and fuel pump. You need to use a dedicated aux output channel for tach signal.
Which pin on the 34-pin connector is that spare connected to?

I'll have to look for that next time. 

The spare wire is connected to ign 1.

Not sure why mrp put it there