WRX104X Can Lambda Wiring Question

PhoSho

Howdy Team Link,

As the title says I have a WRX104X that I am installing a CAN Lambda module onto. I have the CAN connector at the ECU w/ flying leads for power/ground. I am also running the CAN extension cable.

My question is: Does the power/ground flying leads at the ECU connector supply power to the Lambda controller sufficiently for the O2 heater to function (I read this is 8 amps in the manual) or do I need to run external power to the controller that is separate from these leads?

I have an ignition-switched (relayed and fused) power supply on the ECU-side leads, but those wires appear to be relatively small and I am not sure if they can support the specified 8 amps or not. Ideally, I would like to use the power at the ECU connector (and through the extension cable) to supply the controller/heater to keep my wiring tidy, but I am just not sure if that is viable or not. I am also not sure what AWG is used in the extension cable since it is fully sealed.

I appreciate any and all help. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Yes, just 12V and gnd to the red/black flying leads on the CAN JST is all you need.  They are 0.5mm2 FLRY so good for about 6A, the CAN lambda will only pull about 1-1.5A under most conditions.

That is exactly what I wanted to hear :).

Your expertise is always appreciated!