Help please! Rough idle, hardly move on 1st gear

TRVIING

Hi all,

I have newly fitted link plug and play wrx v10. I loaded base map, setup injectors. Car has rough idle. When I put on gear, it hardly moved then stalled if I didn't hold the gas pedal. Car runs rich. Here is the mods on the car

- twinwscroll gtpump turbo

- ID1050x injectors

- 3 port MAC solemoid

- TGV, air pump delete

-Raceworks IAT on temp 4 

- Have Link wideband on CAN but power wire not connected yet

I attached a log below. Could you give me some advise on this map? Car will get tune next Thrusday. I would only need the car to run better to get out of my drive way. Thanks

PC Datalog - 2023-11-4 9;04;08 pm.llgx

Hi Adam,

PC Link can't detect ECT sensor. Radiator fans are constantly on. Car dash shows ECT as normal. Currently, software assigned AN 1 for ECT input. Could you give me a hint how to solve this?

Also, the Link lamda couldn't be detected. There  was voltage on can high and low ( around 3.2V and 1.3V). Tested ground and 12V inputs to the Link lamda device. I tried a few ways to detect the wideband but unsuccessful. DI9 input is active on the software

6 hours ago, TRVIING said:

PC Link can't detect ECT sensor. Radiator fans are constantly on. Car dash shows ECT as normal. Currently, software assigned AN 1 for ECT input. Could you give me a hint how to solve this?

The dash has its own sensor so this doesnt tell us much about the ECU temp sensor.  Do you mean AN Temp 1?  Is the pull-up turned on?  Can you attach a copy of your tune.  

I use Link Can lamda kit. I am not sure which CAN port. I tried to search for CAN device, tested on CAN 1 and CAN 2 port but return none. Power cable to 12v of the deleted fuel purge solenoid. ground to the block. There  was voltage on can high and low ( around 3.2V and 1.3V) on the male CAN plug before the ecu

I attached some photos and current settings on the ECU. Could you please check if they are correct? Lamda 1 is still offline.

There is around 8.2v on pin 3 of the ECT connector. My car has 3 pin ECT sensor. Pin 1 and 2 go to ecu on A29 and A34 pin. ECT is still offline on software

o2.png

o2n.png

hawk.pclx

2 hours ago, TRVIING said:

There is around 8.2v on pin 3 of the ECT connector. My car has 3 pin ECT sensor. Pin 1 and 2 go to ecu on A29 and A34 pin. ECT is still offline on software

Pin 3 will be the 2nd temp signal to the dash.   If you measure voltage between pin 1 & 2 in the plug you should have 5V, and if you measure resistance between pin 1 & 2 of the sensor you should see somewhere between about 2500ohm on a cold engine and 100ohm on a hot engine.

2 hours ago, TRVIING said:

I attached some photos and current settings on the ECU. Could you please check if they are correct? Lamda 1 is still offline.

Your runtimes are showing there is no comms on CAN 1.  Did you confirm the lambda was actually wired to CAN 1?  

there was no volatge difference between

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

Pin 3 will be the 2nd temp signal to the dash.   If you measure voltage between pin 1 & 2 in the plug you should have 5V, and if you measure resistance between pin 1 & 2 of the sensor you should see somewhere between about 2500ohm on a cold engine and 100ohm on a hot engine.

there was no volatge difference between pin 1 & 2. My wrx was made on October 2005. I had to do put the jumper to 2007 wrx to get the ecu power on. Does this make any difference with 2006 wrx settings?

The ECT had 2.2 kOhm resistance when cold. I couldn't measure when it is hot ( I need my fingers :D) . This should tell the sensor is good, right?