Can I Use An AEM CAN Sensor Module (30-2226)

LeFryGuy

I Have a G4X plugin ECU for 92 Honda. I seem to be limited to only three An Temp inputs and am in need of one more. I currently have IAT, ECT, and Fuel Temp, I would like to have Oil Temp monitored as well. 

Now I already have the AEM 30-2012 Temperature Sensor from using it on my previous Hondata S300. I see two different ways ( I think) that I could possibly go about adding the sensor. Either

1) Use the AEM X-Series Temperature Gauge 30-0302 and have another gauge in the car even though I do have a Powertune digital dash along with a AEM X-series Wideband.

or

2) Get the AEM CAN Sensor Module 30-2226 and just wire in my already existing AEM 30-2012 Temperature sensor I have to the module. 

Luckily I am able to use them all together being I can run it all at 500Kbit/s. I am Still very new with CAN and would most likely need guidance on setting the second option up. The gauge I'm fairly certain I should be able to setup due to it should be similar to the other x-series gauge I already have set up in the vehicle. This is all clearly just speculation. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated and Thanks for any help in advance! 

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old post but is there a chance you would be able to draw up a schematic for it? I’ve never wired in a pull up resistor before so I’m not sure exactly how to go about it.