Ford Ecoboost Gdi control

Lotussuper7

Looking for advice,comments,and calls of 'you're crazy'.

Recently I came across a brand new crate engine,damaged by the courier. The damage was relitivly minor, and the engine was cheap enough that I ended up purchacing it. I could part the engine out for much more than I paid for it, but I like the thought of getting it going and powering a project car.

It is the 4 cylinder, 1.5 litre Ecoboost found in various ford models. 

Basically I'm just trying to get some advice if people think it is possible to get this engine running using the Link Gdi ecu,or if it would just be so difficult,I would be better off parting the engine out,or selling it to someone in need of a replacement engine.

Had anyone got one of these running on the link?

The engine has a date code mid 2019, so I'm pretty sure it has the revised block design to eliminate the cooling issues these engines had early on.

Any input, positive or negitive would be appreciated.

Tim

Things to confirm would be trigger pattern and injector type. If it is has solenoid type DI injectors then it should work with a Voodoo Pro and our DI box soon to be released.

If you have access to a factory car running that motor and an oscilloscope with a current probe you would be able to measure the peak and hold currents required for the injectors and high pressure fuel pump and the boost voltage required for the injectors which is important information.

Thanks for your input. It's appreciated. I think it has standard gdi solenoid type injectors, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Will have to do more investigating. It's hard to find info on it.

My other thought was to make a modified intake manifold and use port injection,and do away with the direct injection,but I guess that kinda defeates the purpose of a direct injected engine.

I will definitely keep my eyes out for the direct injection addon you mentioned.

Thanks for your input!