4g63 Swap Expo Van Base Map

SoiBoi

Hey All,

I recently purchased a Link Evo3x Plug and Play for a 1992 Mitsubishi Expo van that has a 1g DSM 4g63 swap and need a base map. Currently running on stock DSM ECU, and tuned through ECMLink. I am going to install the ecu soon and have a few questions:

I have purchased brand new Fuel Injector Clinic 1200CC injectors, and have been advised to install a ballast resistor pack delete "plug" to run them, however the instruction manual advises: "DO NOT remove the factory fitted ballast resisters." What is the reasoning behind this?

Do I need an expansion loom to run anything on this build ?

Below is the build list from previous owner:

Stock Bottom End

Head: ARP Studs, Supertech Dual Valve springs, Ti retainers, Delta 272 cams, 3g lifters, balance shaft delete, straight cut oil pump gears

20g Turbo with 20g Compressor Wheel, MHI 7cm bearing housing ported by FP, TD06 Compressor Cover, 9 Blade TD06H Turbine Wheel, 38mm TiAl External wastegate + 17Psi Spring, HKS Blowoff

GM 3 Bar MAP & IAT, 240LPH Pump, FIC 1200CC High-Z Injectors, ACT sprung 6 pad clutch + lightweight flywheel

Thanks!

69C2B476-8CB5-4CA7-B25C-AE328B26BCDC.jpg

If you are moving to High impedance injectors and are bypassing the ballast resistors correctly then you should be all good.

If you are planning to add extra sensors that aren't in the factory loom like fuel pressure etc then you will need an expansion loom for them, if only running things on the factory loom then you should be good.

I would recommend getting a wideband as well if you don't have one already, single most useful tuning and troubleshooting tool.