E36 Mixture Map and idle control

Stranger24

Hey guys

I love link and really happy with my mx5 I also went link. software is brilliant

I need to understand something, when using mixture map .

when setting active zone area to 90%, does that mean the value must have been inside the cell 90%? I read help file but still struggle to understand. I basically want to say only consider it if the value was 80% inside the cell .

Re my filters, for Transient condition, i set tps to 5 unit a sec meaning if i am opening it quickly and likely to have accl table in then ignore it.Am i doing this right?

also set MGP to 2 unit a sec again meaning if it is opening quickly / accl fuel coming in then ignore it. 

I basically want to do long runs and get very accurate data and appreciate recommendations on how to set filters.

Regarding ICV, I have set mine to 3 wire solonoind( see my config ) below however it does not work. anyone has any experience on how this should be set?

image.png.29fba743830c29abe57c52ec68d7b985.png

image.thumb.png.6442c4a78cf908948c5e31e32c92ba07.png

On 12/29/2023 at 10:44 AM, Stranger24 said:

when setting active zone area to 90%, does that mean the value must have been inside the cell 90%? I read help file but still struggle to understand. I basically want to say only consider it if the value was 80% inside the cell .

0% would mean the mixture map would only use any sample that was measured when the engine was operating in the exact centre of the cell.  100% would mean the measurement would be used any time the engine was operating anywhere in the cell (this means there is potentially a lot of influence from adjacent untuned cells).  About 30% would be a decent compromise for road tuning.  

Re my filters, for Transient condition, i set tps to 5 unit a sec meaning if i am opening it quickly and likely to have accl table in then ignore it.Am i doing this right?

also set MGP to 2 unit a sec again meaning if it is opening quickly / accl fuel coming in then ignore it. 

Be aware the filters are used to specify what data to "include".  If you want to filter out transients then make sure the "<" operator is selected.

Regarding ICV, I have set mine to 3 wire solonoind( see my config ) below however it does not work. anyone has any experience on how this should be set?

What do you mean by "it does not work"?  Does the idle speed not increase or decrease if you change base position?  If not I would pull the valve off and check the brass barrel freely moves, the bosch ones are prone to seizing if they have been sitting around.  When un-powered they should sit partially open (say less than 1mm crack), it should push fully open easily with a screwdriver, and when you let go it should spring back to "nearly closed" position on its own with no help.  If it doesnt move free you can usually free them up by spraying CRC or similar through it and working the barrel backwards and forwards.

If it isn't seized and you can change idle speed then attach your tune and a log.