Ignition vs Battery Circuits

Smity42

So I bought a Razor PDM to replace some fuses and relays. Some the circuits are ignition based (i.e. fuel pump) and some of them are battery based (i.e. headlights, hazards, etc.).

No worries, I thought, I'll just change the "Global Enable" Setting to "Power Enabled" so the PDM is always on, and use logic to enable the Ignition based circuits.

However, I was surprised to find there is no parameter that can be used in the GP logic to determine if the Ignition input is active or not. It seems the ignition input is only used for the global enable setting and can't be used anywhere else in the PDM, is this correct?

I could always duplicate the Ignition input to one of the ADIO pins, but this would cost me a pin so isn't ideal. Is there any chance we could get the "Ignition" input value as a parameter in a software/firmware update?

Also, what is the 'idle' current consumption of the Razor PDM if I leave it as "Power Enabled" (i.e. always on)? I.e. the current the PDM itself consumes, assuming none of the output circuits are currently 'on'?

Thanks in advance.

image.png

image.png

The Vign input is purely hardware, it is not available in software as when that input is off (assuming no USB plugged in) the PDM is completely powered down, there is no software running. 

The "Ign Sw" option in global enable is the same as "power enabled" except the outputs ignore USB power.

The PDM will typically draw around 150mA, that can vary between about 130-300mA depending how many pull-ups you have turned on, the HC output states and how much load is connected to the 5V output. 

SnESMmu.png

a1pJabT.png