2006 forester 2.5XT cruise control setup

oetoet

Hi guys,

been trying to get cruise control working on this WRX104X plugin. It is installed in a forester so the body side pinouts do not match up with an impreza. engine side is just the same. I have been measuring wiring at the ECU and the only wire that seems to be connected to the OEM cruise switch is DI7. I think this is all i need so i can assign it to Cruise SwA to activate cruise and to set a speed.

Now when i try this, the set cruise speed just gradually decreases along with the actual speed after pressing the switch and letting go of the throttle as seen in the log attached.

what am i missing?

thanks!

forester jw final.pclx cruise log.llgx

You're going to need to figure out how your cruise switches actually work and connect all required wires correctly.

With DI7 set to on and set speed and being held on it is constantly reducing your set speed hence the slowing down.

This is visible by looking at your "Cruise Set Speed" in the log

25 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

You're going to need to figure out how your cruise switches actually work and connect all required wires correctly.

With DI7 set to on and set speed and being held on it is constantly reducing your set speed hence the slowing down.

This is visible by looking at your "Cruise Set Speed" in the log

thats what i was afraid of. i guess i will remove the switch and measure the outputs directly. could be the switch is faulty. thanks

well, been measuring. turns out the switch was an old style one but with 3 wires. 1 wire with different voltages depending on how you use the switch. that wire is connected to DI7 at the ecu. it needs a pullup to work so had to switch it to TEMP3 to allow for the ecu to read the voltages.

DI10 turns out to be the on/off switch.

everything working now. thanks!