Secondary Staging

jrizing

Hi Guys, 

Can you help me with a strange situation I'm having with my secondary Staging on my RX7 using modelled fuel. For some reason when the secondaries come online they are not matching with the primaries. They did before and the transition was perfect. I've attached the image of the old run compared to my latest run. The only change I have done is fit an electric water pump and change the fuel setup from MAP reference to FP sensor, so I can get a differential fuel pressure reading. I'm wondering if my fuel pump could be on its way out 

Thanks 

IMG-20240225-WA0026.jpeg

IMG-20240225-WA0028.jpeg

RX7 G45 Hudson Base Map -93 (Alex boost run & fuel table clean up).pclx

Did you also happen to update firmware? There is a bug in the latest firmware with Staged injection in modelled with sec/pri ratio that I managed to introduce while adding all the DI code, we have fixed it here but don't have a released version of the fix.

Can you attach a copy of your log please so I can see if your issue is indeed that bug.

To clarify the difference between your new log and old log is that those two lines used to be overlaid and now they are different to each other?

Can you clarify which variables you are watching (e.g. effective pw or duty cycle etc)

Do you have a copy of the old log you can attach and do you know what firmware was in the ECU when you took the old log?

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

To clarify the difference between your new log and old log is that those two lines used to be overlaid and now they are different to each other?

Can you clarify which variables you are watching (e.g. effective pw or duty cycle etc)

Do you have a copy of the old log you can attach and do you know what firmware was in the ECU when you took the old log?

YES

Duty Cycle (primary & secondary) 

Yes  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DYcggwAQdSdigV8yRAL3XJU3TF0TnQLC/view?usp=drivesdk

It was running on the latest G4x firmware before it was updated to G5/G4x PC software and firmware. 

The issue you are having will be that bug then, current work around for it is to change your staging mode from Sec/Pri Flow Ratio to Specified Flow Rate which allows you to put in actual injector flow data. ~1375cc/min at 300kPa would be about right based on your current ratio.

The bug has been fixed already and the fix will be in the next release.