Dual Keypads

IGMAB

Setting up a system with following:

G4XFury - 2x Razor PDM - Keypad8 - Keypad4

Keypad4 buttons does exact the same thing as the first 4 buttons in keypad8, so I guess that something is wrong in the setup. Keypad8 is set to CanID 405 (384+nodeID 21) and Keypad4 is nodeID changed to 22 (via PC-link). Keypad4 now has CanID 406. Is this correct?

Should the Keypads setup be in just 1 of the PDM's, or should it be in the ECU?

Keypad buttons should be used to control outputs in both PDM's, and also to change the launch-rpm up/down.

Best Regards

Martin

3 hours ago, IGMAB said:

Keypad8 is set to CanID 405 (384+nodeID 21) and Keypad4 is nodeID changed to 22 (via PC-link). Keypad4 now has CanID 406

correct

3 hours ago, IGMAB said:

Should the Keypads setup be in just 1 of the PDM's, or should it be in the ECU?

Keypad buttons should be used to control outputs in both PDM's, and also to change the launch-rpm up/down.

If most of what the keypads are doing is PDM based and you need them to work when the ECU is off then either set one up in each PDM or both in one PDM.

11 hours ago, Vaughan said:

correct

If most of what the keypads are doing is PDM based and you need them to work when the ECU is off then either set one up in each PDM or both in one PDM.

Thanks for yor reply Vaughan! The strange thing is that button 1-4 on the keypad4 does exact the same thing as button 1-4 on the keypad8 (seems like they are mirrored). Another thing is that when scanning for can-device in pc-link, it only find 1 keypad (keypad4). But if I disconnect keypad4, pc-link will recognize keypad8.

I will start over to be sure that I've not mixed things up.

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

Definitely double check that they are on different Node ID's

Started from scratch this morning, and now everything seems to work as supposed.

I'm using CAN aux from the ecu to control 3 outputs in one of the pdm's (fuelpump, coolingfan and waterpump ). This works fine. But I'm also using one of the keypads to manually control theese outputs (for example when engine isn't running). Works also fine. But... Should be really nice if the led's in the keypad could be activated even if the outputs being controlled by the ecu. Is this somehow possible to achieve?

• 1 month later...

Pass the keypad function information back to the ECU over CAN, PDM side of this CAN is already sorted if you have the 2nd PDM seeing keypad states. In the ECU set it up to talk to the PDM using the information in the help manual.

Once you have the ECU CAN setup to talk to the PDM go to the ECU Setting menu and go to CAN -> PDM X (where X is the number of the PDM with the keypad) and select the keypad function that the PDM has setup as the launch control value and set it to the next available CAN Analog. Then set your launch control to the 3D Launch RPM Table mode and put the selected CAN Analog on one of the axes of the table.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Okay! How can I create a number that increases with one button, and decreases with another button? Now I can read the counts (up to 7) from one button, but I would like to have it adjustable up/down with 2 buttons. Is that possible?

I would also like to have more than 7, if possible.

So to do a two button increment/decrement setup in the PDM you need to use two keypad functions, one for the increment button, one for the decrement button.

To make the 2nd button decrement the first button you need to select the 2nd keypad functions status in the set box down the bottom with rising edge and Mode set to decrement.

To make the second button's LED colour match the First button you either need to set it to use the first Keypad function's count as the LED Parameter.

The max keypad count in the PDM is currently 7, the ECU's max is 10 but if you use the keypad directly with the ECU you need to move all of the functions to the ECU.

Capture.PNG