Link V4 tachometer wiring

Matt Petersen

I have an LN130 Surf with a 1UZFE. The gauge cluster rev counter for the diesel is incompatible apparently so I got a 4cyl and a V6 efi gauge clusters.

I have run the blue with white wire and cut the black tach wire from the gauge wiring but can't get either tach to work.

I have the factory wiring diagram and it showed my which connector and wire was the tach feed. Everything else still appears to work.

Obviously it has to be the wrong wire - anyone have Hilux/Surf experience on here?

Cheers

Matt.

I did a 1UZFE into a surf one time, but can't remember how I got the tacho working!  The first thing is to check that the ECU's tahco output is working.  Use a LED test light to see if the tacho output is pulsing.  I think thaose old V4 ECU's had to be setup for the tacho output to go.  Also note that the tacho output will put out the required pulse frequency for a 8 cyl tacho.  A 4 cyl tacho can be driven off one ignition channel as it has half the frequency.

Thanks Ashley.

In the Link software it shows as ig3 being setup for tach. I am running the early Link ignitor that doesn't have a tach output on it so I have to drive it from the ecu.

I will get an led test light and see if the Link is outputting a signal.

The gauge cluster has a pot on the rev counter section which allows you to adjust it to match the required revs.

Cheers

Matt.