gaugeART says it can't link to the CAN Gauge - no set-up screen

Ian Hendra

Hi, my phone is a Samsung S22 with the latest software upgrade. Ah, and I haven't done this before. The ECU is G4AtomX on a Suzuki G13B, so nothing flashy! The wiring is all good. The instrument shows the logo and a blank tacho screen when switched on. The gaugeART app downloaded OK, and the wifi signal appeared as an available Wi-Fi on the phone, with 100% signal strength from about 1m away as per my Wi-Fi tester app. Firing up the app on the phone gets an error message that says it can't connect and no sign of anything vaguely like a set-up screen. The error message says it's an exception under Intelligent Wifi, so I cleared and recalled the wifi link, andalso disconnected the "Switch to mobile data" function under Intelligent Wifi (6.0.0) on the phone settings and everything else, actually!  Still no sign of the set-up screen and I still get the error message..

Any ideas?      

BTW, I assume the CAN hi & lo outputs in the ECU are live by default?  Do they need to be set up to make the gauge work?  If so how, please?

Much appreciated, and apologies if this is a silly one...

Cheers,

Ian

12 hours ago, Ian Hendra said:

BTW, I assume the CAN hi & lo outputs in the ECU are live by default?  Do they need to be set up to make the gauge work?  If so how, please?

CAN instructions are in the gauge manual, https://linkecu.com/documentation/Can Gauge Online Manual.pdf.

G4+ has different multi and offset values than G4X so the extended streams will need a slightly different setup but the generic dash part is all the same.

Capture.PNG.75290ced9f5adce8c5a90e6bd69720ad.PNG

12 hours ago, Ian Hendra said:

Hi, my phone is a Samsung S22 with the latest software upgrade. Ah, and I haven't done this before. The ECU is G4AtomX on a Suzuki G13B, so nothing flashy! The wiring is all good. The instrument shows the logo and a blank tacho screen when switched on. The gaugeART app downloaded OK, and the wifi signal appeared as an available Wi-Fi on the phone, with 100% signal strength from about 1m away as per my Wi-Fi tester app. Firing up the app on the phone gets an error message that says it can't connect and no sign of anything vaguely like a set-up screen. The error message says it's an exception under Intelligent Wifi, so I cleared and recalled the wifi link, andalso disconnected the "Switch to mobile data" function under Intelligent Wifi (6.0.0) on the phone settings and everything else, actually!  Still no sign of the set-up screen and I still get the error message..

Might be best to send an email directly to gauge art ([email protected]) as they will be best suited to help with app issues.