G4x Custom Calibration Table for OMNI MAP

Boxman

I contacted my tuner and asked how to calibrate an OMNI 4 bar MAP sensor and he said I have to build a custom table. I know I should have just bought a Link MAP sensor but this one is plug and play and direct bolt on for Subaru and I don't really want to buy another sensor.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to do it given the calibration table attached? I don't see a way to plug in a formula like the one provided, Vout=5(.002243xP+.052702703). And what is the offset? Does that mean all values out should have 2.905 subtracted from the Vout?? I'm wondering if I need to make an Xcel spreadsheet for the formula and then build a table that way? 

Even a link to a YouTube video that explains this would be helpful, I can't seem to find an example of this nature.

Any help much appreciated! I know another sensor would be easiest but I'd like to use what I have, despite being a bit more beep boops. Thanks!

Calibration_Cards_Final.jpg

2 hours ago, Laminar said:

image.png.d9c45d3e93829d185acc6bdeb08593ba.png

image.png.bf096b51695c8e2e9af7257aca683381.png

I should have said, I tried doing a linear calibration table and keep getting the error "<5kpa or >5kPa of baro reading". So that's why I was wondering if that offset had anything to do with it? Thank you though!

When you go to ECU Controls > MAP sensor calibration, all it does is align the current MAP reading to the current baro reading. You must already have the calibration table assigned in the Analog Input section. 

If you don't have the correct calibration table assigned, your MAP reading at rest will likely not be close to your baro reading, and the MAP sensor calibration command will fail. It is designed to clear out a small amount of error in the reading, not to perform any sort of calibration from scratch.

Analog Inputs > MAP > Calibration > Assign your custom table

1 hour ago, Boxman said:

I should have said, I tried doing a linear calibration table and keep getting the error "<5kpa or >5kPa of baro reading". So that's why I was wondering if that offset had anything to do with it? Thank you though!

What pressure was your MAP and BAP showing when you tried to calibrate? what voltage was the analog input pin?

Capture.PNG

I'm not entirely sure what I did different today but it worked! I must have thought I had IGN on when I saved it but I didn't. I feel like an idiot haha, thank you both! I was confused seeing about 12 PSI at first but then I remembered it's absolute pressure and sure enough, it's reading zero MGP.