S2000 AP1 Cable Throttle to DBW

r2d2

Hi Everone,   HAs anyone converted there cable throttle to DBW on the early S2000 F20C engine.  Am looking to fit a DCT gearbox on the back of a Supercharged F20C and need to convert my cable throttle body.  

My plan is to fit the engine in a 1974 Vauxhall Firenza here in the UK

Anyone know why LinkG4x will not work with the later AP2 throttle body?

Been looking for a suitable alternative DBW throttle body  with what I believe is a bolt patten of 70 * 65 for the AP1 but so far not found anything.

If anyone can help that would be great.

On 4/13/2024 at 3:41 AM, r2d2 said:

Anyone know why LinkG4x will not work with the later AP2 throttle body?

I don't see why it wouldn't unless there's something particularly unusual about the AP2 throttle body. Where did you read that it won't work with that throttle body (with appropriate wiring done to connect it)?

There is an expansion plug on the bottom board setup with all the inputs and outputs needed for the E-Throttle and pedal.

https://dealers.linkecu.com/S2000

Designed for the Honda S2000 AP1.

• Please check your connector matches the header in the listed photo before purchasing.  
  • This ECU works for manual transmissions only.
  • This ECU doesn't support factory E-Throttle Models
  • Most factory features are supported. 
  • Check the features tab for I/O expansion options  

Note: This Plug-in features a new 4 pin powered CAN connector and cannot use the old CANPCB cable for CAN connection.  Use the CANJST4 (Code 101-0198) cable for connecting CAN devices.  This new 4 pin port and cable provide not only the CAN connection, but also a protected 12V power supply and ground for powering the CAN devices.  The power supply is protected by a self-resetting fuse rated at 3A continuous. 

Suitable applications:  

Honda S2000 AP1 1999-2004

Honda S2000 AP2 2005 (Non E-throttle)

41 minutes ago, r2d2 said:
  • This ECU doesn't support factory E-Throttle Models

To clarify that is in there to say that the ECU doesn't support the E-Throttle AP2 models as they have different pinouts to suit the E-Throttle and different requirements around CAN etc. The ECU does support having E-Throttle added but it doesn't support vehicles that have the Loom from an E-Throttle model.