Help with some k20 settings

adam morrison

Hey, i have a honda k20a2 with hc20x plug and play ecu

had the car on track for the first time today and have noticed a few drivability issues i was hoping someone might be able to help with?

so on the dyno when the car was mapped it made the figure i was expecting but at the vtec crossover/engagement the dyno graph take a massive drop and climbs back up, tuner said the car kept spinning the wheels and wanted to leap out the dyno which was causing this dip. after driving it today on track i feel there something not right, its more noticable in higher gears but theres a noticable flat spot on crossover and engine note kinda drones before picking up again. can anyone check over the settings incase something is wrong or do you think the crossover is set at the wrong rpm causing this?

also when trying to drive around paddock in 1st/2nd gears at a steady speed the car starts to kangaroo and is rather annoying, fine if you just put the foot down but if you just want to drive at a steady 10mph or so it doesnt like it at all, again i think this dbw needing refined somewhere in the settings?

also wondering if anyone can assist with a math equation using 4 wheel speed inputs to trigger an abs fault/alarm for my dash when one stops reading 

any help/advice appreciated, will be racing the car in 6 days so be handy to get these niggles ironed out if possible

thanks

k20 mini map.pclx

what is your engine setup? what cams are you running? and we will need a log to see what is doing on the pitlane and that drop that you feel when the vtec kick in. You are running just one fuel map, normally with vtec you want 2 fuel maps one for each cam but, you can get away with just one if you do it right. And on race cars I like to have another correction for the VTC and fuel map so if is running a little bit of the vtc target, it will still perform.

Your Intake VVT target table is entirely based on ECT which is very odd, normally this would be dependent on RPM and TPS not Coolant temp.

Will need to see a log to determine why it is bucking.