Multiple issues on g4+

MEE97B

Evening,

I'm very new to link ecus, been installing a gtrlink into my r33 gts25t over the past week, I think I've hit every roadblock possible.

My current issues are:

The idle solenoid does nothing, can set the base position anywhere from 0 to 100 and nothing changes besides the idle position output. I need to hold trottle for it to idle and even then the car still seems to hunt so maybe is trying?

Since this morning:

Charge temp randomly pins at 50 Celsius

batt voltage says its at 6 volts, car is at around 12.7 volts

This caused the injector dead time to triple leaving changes to the fuel map to do nothing. afr levels plummeted as injectors were still getting 12v

Things to note:

Car was running an apexi power fc ecu with a maf, all systems worked when it was removed

aA day ago the radio constant 12v has given up, 12v socket still works but radio gapping may have something to do with the batt? 

Link output voltages are all fine, 3.3v, 5v, aux 9/10 voltage and 12v internal all read correct.

Will be checking main fuses after a feed, any other ideas? im a bit lost. Cheers

Log.pclr Log 2024-05-11 12;42;16 pm.llg

For the idle valve, you can use test mode with the engine off to check it is working.  Go to injector 7 output, change its function to Test (PWM) and change the frequency to 10Hz, you should hear it clicking if it is working.  

For the batt voltage, start by confirming voltage between Pin 49 or 59 (+12V) and pin 116 (main ground).

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your reply, ended up with some major issues so only getting back into the swing of things now

Sorted the radio 12v, not related to other issues. probably happened when changing the afr gauge to ecu/direct battery power. Dunno how but it's fixed now

The batt volt issue was due to the ecu casing touching the chassis, so there must be a positive pin of some sort touching the case that shouldn't be,  will check the voltage across chassis to case later when I check the idle control

Car now runs fine and can balance its idle on its own after some hunting which suggests the idle control valve is somewhat responsive, as its not adjusted with timing yet

Hopefully not another month before my next update. Cheers