Link G4X into JDM evo 9

Ryan Strett

I’ve purchased a evo 9 (3 pin) link g4x ecu and I’m looking at installing it into my JDM evo 8. When comparing the pinout from my car to the one supplied on links instructions there’s quite a few discrepancies. Im aware of the intercooler sprayer needing to be moved, which I have done already. But going through them all one by one, the ecu function is very different from the ecu pin on the car.

For example:

pin 3 and 4 and the opposite way around (3 is lambda heater, 4 is n/c).

16 is purge valve on my car, ecu says it’s tps signal

Theres a whole bunch I could go through but I don’t want to make this post too long. So is there a guide for installing the evo 9 ecu into JDM evo 8.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

56DFE997-9BC3-4803-9DB9-E5C18998E4E2.jpeg

956062BC-B5F1-4A61-98B4-B5AFD2FCE9A6.jpeg

9BF59E72-9637-4EB7-8E88-16522849E67E.jpeg

As far as I know you dont normally have to change any wiring.    The IC spray possibly assuming your pinout is accurate, but I don't remember having to do that before.  All the others you mention look fine as is.  

Pin 3 matches our pinout, Pin 4 and 5 are possibly different but I have never seen the sec air system used.  

Pin 16 is NC is our pinout, TPS is on pin 78 which matches yours.  

The only other changes needed are software settings, set fan 2 output to ign7, turn off VVT.   

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

As far as I know you dont normally have to change any wiring.    The IC spray possibly assuming your pinout is accurate, but I don't remember having to do that before.  All the others you mention look fine as is.  

Pin 3 matches our pinout, Pin 4 and 5 are possibly different but I have never seen the sec air system used.  

The only other changes needed are software settings, set fan 2 output to ign7, turn off VVT.   

Hi Adam,

Thanks for that. Now my other question is. The JDM evo 8 does not have a factory IAT sensor. This is pin 34 on the car side and pin 96 on the ecu. On my pinout this is labeled as a signal ground. I was hoping to depin this and use it as my fuel temp sensor. Is this possible?? and what should I do with the sensor ground I’ve now removed. Being a signal ground (I’m assuming for factory sensors) should this be added into my expansion loom signal ground ??

kind regards,

Ryan

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

1 hour ago, Ryan Strett said:

Hi Adam,

Thanks for that. Now my other question is. The JDM evo 8 does not have a factory IAT sensor. This is pin 34 on the car side and pin 96 on the ecu. On my pinout this is labeled as a signal ground. I was hoping to depin this and use it as my fuel temp sensor. Is this possible?? and what should I do with the sensor ground I’ve now removed. Being a signal ground (I’m assuming for factory sensors) should this be added into my expansion loom signal ground ??

kind regards,

Ryan

Hi Adam,

I’ve just come to the realisation of how stupid I am. I’ve been reading this whole pinout wrong and didn’t realise the second “ecu pin” was just the extension of the left one lmao

I’ve worked it all out now and could you please just assist me on turning off the VVT.

many thanks,

Ryan