VLLink G4+ won't start

Ashman232

I put this ECM into my RB30 VL wagon N/A recently after running it for years in my other car - VL turbo. I used the present RB30 base map found in the G4+ folder on my C drive. I replaced the throttle switch with a TPS and wired it in using the earth from the old AFM as recommended in the install manual. Ran a vac line into the ECM housing. MAP, TPS and CAS all seem to be doing the right thing. I set base timing to 15deg BTDC as that's what the original ECM setting is and adjusted the offset to 48deg to get it to line up when checking with a timing light. Then I turn the fuel back on and try to start. I keep upping the master fuel from 7m/s (my turbo ran on this default) and when I get to around 10 or 12m/s it will actually start for a few seconds. Pressing my foot on the throttle the engine will die instantly. I can get the engine to run on brakekleen down the IAC hose with the master fuel set to 7 m/s. It eventually fouled the plugs. I replaced the plugs. I installed a gauge in the fuel rail supply hose and it will stay at 38-40 psi constantly. I removed the injectors and has them serviced and tested. Still no luck. If I swap the ECM with the factory one it will start on the first revolution pretty much. Injector click test works on all 6 no dramas.

I am out of ideas. Starting to question the ECM itself. Would love to hear some suggestions or advice on any other testing I can do.

Thanks in advance!!

Thank you very much. It idled best at 32m/s master fuel. Warmed up and checked base timing at 2000rpm - still good. Put it back together and went for a drive around the block and no dramas at all. Legend!