Help 06 sti ej25

Jake06STI

To be honest I don't know what I am doing I talked to my local tuner and he told be to use link which has been awesome he helped me out some but now ghosted me since he got busy with is more frequent customers. My car starts when cold and idles up but them once warm it likes to stall out and then struggles to start sometimes it wont even start. 

I attached logs trigger scope and tune.

Trigger Scope - 2024-05-25 7;24;26 pm.llgx PC Datalog - 2024-05-26 10;44;45 am.llgx tuneV6.pclx

The stall issue is mostly because the APS and TPS hasnt been calibrated so it is never enabling idle control.  Some of your idle control settings are a bit odd also, so I would copy the settings out of our WRX11 base map as a better starting point - especially the dashpot settings, integral gain, map lockout and other offsets.  Your idle base position table will then need tuning.  

Fuel is also quite rich so this will need to be closer before idle and drivability will be good. 

The re-start issue looks like it is not happy with something with the trigger waveform but that wasn't captured in the scope, you might have to try a couple more scope captures next time the hard start issue occurs to see if we can capture the problem.  There is some odd ignition noise in that scope that may be the issue, but it wasn't bad enough to cause an issue when that scope was captured.  What coils does it have?  Are spark plugs resistor type?

Okay thank you I will try this and get a scope when it stalls and wont start. Coils are ngk stock replacement coils from advanced auto, plugs are resistor type ngk iridium plugs.

Yeah the trigger waveform looks terrible in that scope.  The voltage drops very low in some patches so the arming threshold is not met and there are spikes of noise all over it.  Its difficult to give solid advice on any specific cause as there is a huge range of possibilities, but my thoughts are most likely a poor connection/high resistance somewhere along the path between ECU and crank sensor.  The cam signal is a lot cleaner so I think it is more specific to the crank sensor rather than general engine grounding or ignition noise etc.  It could also potentially be the crank sensor failing internally but that would be less likely.  

9X7Acxm.png

Okay thank you for looking through it. I will check the wiring out. could the battery voltage cause this? I was cranking it earlier for a bit and could have run the battery down pretty far it was turning over ok though. I had to do quite a bit of work to the car before I could even attempt to start it the wiring could be iffy for sure. 

Slower cranking will cause the lower voltage to be generated by the crank sensor but coupled with the noise I think the low voltage in this case isn't just because of the slow cranking.