Ground sensor and wideband

Stranger24

Chaps

have prosport wideband,  there are two grounds , one for controller which states it should connect to engine and one from sensor which again state it should ground to engine

by engine , is it referring to block or chassis?

should ground from analog output not go to ecu ground?

60EVOWBPREM.pdf?v=1607699861

Also on sensors, would you generally connect to block or ecu?

I would connect both ground wires to the engine block since these cheap devices are usually poorly designed, connecting the analog ground to sensor ground will likely just be coupling sensor ground to engine ground and make all other sensors less accurate.

31 minutes ago, Stranger24 said:

Also on sensors, would you generally connect to block or ecu

Analog voltage sensors should use ECU sensor ground. 

2 hours ago, Stranger24 said:

are you stating because they cheap, they will ground to block and ecu and make other sensors less accurate?

The analog ground and the heater ground are likely internally connected, if you connect the analog ground to ecu sensor ground and the heater ground to some other point then you will potentially cause a variable voltage offset on the ecu sensor ground that changes depending on electrical load. 

If you connect both wideband grounds to the engine as suggested then your AFR will likely still see some variation with changing electrical load, but at least all the other ECU powered sensors will still be accurate and not affected. 

Thanks Adam

i have few sensors and currently all is grounded to block. 

with regarding to afr, there is a ground fot controller which is also feeding the heating element and another ground for signal so is it still not advisable to have wideband output and ground connected to ecu? If you look at diagram there are two grounds, one for controller which I assume also heats the ow sensor and one for analogue wideband output

2 minutes ago, Stranger24 said:

i have few sensors and currently all is grounded to block. 

ECU sensors should not be grounded to the block.  

3 minutes ago, Stranger24 said:

with regarding to afr, there is a ground fot controller which is also feeding the heating element and another ground for signal so is it still not advisable to have wideband output and ground connected to ecu? If you look at diagram there are two grounds, one for controller which I assume also heats the ow sensor and one for analogue wideband output

That is exactly what I just explained.  Do not connect either of the prosport ground wires to ECU sensor ground.  

I can provide some context

re ecu sensors, they are from the gauges which I am taping into volt signal and feed to ecu. So should they be grounded to ecu or block?

re wideband, I follow you however asking why controller has a ground for analogue output if we going to connect both to block.