G4X Xtreme Spare Ignition drivers to power LEDs

Admiral Akhtar

Hello,
I have wired a couple of low side driven LEDs to the spare Ignition drivers on my Xtreme ECU, but due to them being fly-wheeled Open collectors when in Auxillary output mode, the LEDs are still dimly lit when off
My question is what do I need to do in order to prevent this?
Wire a pair of pullup/pulldown resistors?

The ignition outputs arent flywheeled or pulled up, I think that is a typo in the help file.  I think the chipset that is used probably does have a weak bias internally for the fault and short detection strategy however.   

The general idea is you want the same voltage or higher on the negative side of the LED when "off" so no current flows through it.  If the voltage on the negative side is lower than the positive side when off then you will have a current flow and therefore light generated.  What is the otherside of the LED connected to?

Ah thanks for clarifying

The positive side is connected to a switch 12v source, and the negative side runs directly to Aux outs.
They are being used to power a sort of shift light array within the cluster, so IGN7 has 2 LEDs connected, IGN8 has 2 LEDs connected and INJ7 has 1 LED connected 

They are all exactly the same LEDs and all 5 are fed from the same 12v Switch source, but weirdly this issue isn't present on the INJ7 LED, which is why I assumed it was a possibly Aux out difference 

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

The ignition outputs arent flywheeled or pulled up, I think that is a typo in the help file.  I think the chipset that is used probably does have a weak bias internally for the fault and short detection strategy however.   

The general idea is you want the same voltage or higher on the negative side of the LED when "off" so no current flows through it.  If the voltage on the negative side is lower than the positive side when off then you will have a current flow and therefore light generated.  What is the otherside of the LED connected to?

Could it be anything to do with having 2 LEDs on one IGN out?