Eca-2 wiring

Lachey

Hi, trying to wire up my zeitronix eca-2 into my link g4x in my 99 wrx. Im up to wiring the ethanol contedt wire and the fuel temp wire into the expansion looms. Can you tell me what inputs i need to wire into? Presuming both need seperate inputs into the ecu? 

Dont use the analog signals, instead tap into the digital signal wire that goes between the sensor and ECA, connect this to an ECU DI, set up as per normal except leave the pull-up turned off.  You dont even need the ECA unless you want to keep the display.   

When you say analog signals do you mean the fuel temp and ethanol wires that come out of the eca? 
ill keep the eca as id like to use the display. 
so i will connect just earth and power to the eca box and then on the signal wire from the sensor i will tee off that into a di on the ecu? So the one wire will run from the sensor to the eca box and the ecu? 

Also while im here when wiring up my aem wideband what wire on expansion loom should i tap into? 

9 hours ago, Lachey said:

so i will connect just earth and power to the eca box and then on the signal wire from the sensor i will tee off that into a di on the ecu? So the one wire will run from the sensor to the eca box and the ecu? 

Correct.  

9 hours ago, Lachey said:

Also while im here when wiring up my aem wideband what wire on expansion loom should i tap into

If it is an X series you would be best to connect the "AEMNet" wires to the CAN port rather than the expansion.  

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

Correct.  

If it is an X series you would be best to connect the "AEMNet" wires to the CAN port rather than the expansion.  

Okay makes sence im using the 30-4110 uego controller. Will that be the same? 

No, the 30-4110 is the older generation that doesnt have CAN bus.  The analog output was also pretty crap on these so dont expect brilliant accuracy or repeatability.  For the best chance of success, make sure you connect the AEM black wire to the engine block/head/manifold, not "chassis" as the manual says.  Connect the white wire to any spare AN Volt input.  

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

No, the 30-4110 is the older generation that doesnt have CAN bus.  The analog output was also pretty crap on these so dont expect brilliant accuracy or repeatability.  For the best chance of success, make sure you connect the AEM black wire to the engine block/head/manifold, not "chassis" as the manual says.  Connect the white wire to any spare AN Volt input.  

Yeah okay that should be fine for what i need i think. 
thankyou adam