ATTN S2000 OWNERS

SouthernJake

Would any of you be willing to share your tune? i'm currently working on the transition from factory ecm, using the s2000 tune from LINK, but it's not using idle control or closed loop and the knock sensors aren't enabled. It would be nice if i had something to compare with. i've had some experience with HP Tuners(cammed, turbo'd silverado), but on their site there is a repository where people share tunes. Anything from factory to boosted. I used the tunes from the repository to teach myself for the factory E38. It took a while but it works great.  It would be nice if we had something like that here. 

The idle control is set up in our basemap so I would expect that will only need some minor tuning.  You can share a log here for help or advice tuning it.  For the rest I dont think somebody else's map is going to help you much.  Closed loop lambda is typically only enabled after fully tuning the rest of the fuel controls, and its setup will vary quite a bit depending on the lambda controller used, the sensor placement in the exhaust, and the size of the exhaust.  Knock control is much the same, this is typically only enabled after tuning the ignition and an audio-based knock device is usually needed to setup and verify its effectiveness.    

The idle control is not working at all because you have a target idle RPM of 0.  So import the idle target table from the S2000 base map.  I would also change all the settings in red below back to the yellow defaults (red is your map, yellow is the S2000 base map).

Your TPS trace looks a bit odd in the log like it moves in sudden steps rather than smoothly, so confirm that does in fact report correctly and moves from 0-100% smoothly if you move the pedal smoothly.  

Your lambda goes very rich above idle, but the injector PW doesnt really change enough to cause that, so im not sure what is causing that.  Can the lambda be trusted?  Is it an open downpipe or something?   

QX9MY94.png

10-4 on the idle control. i'll take a closer look at the tps, i didnt realize it looked odd. and the rich above idle- I did notice this. this car is currently NA stock with the exception of oil/fuel sensors AND a aftermarket fuel rail. i tried to drill and tap the factory one (for the fuel pressure sensor) but it leaked so i replaced it. do you think the fuel rail could be causing the rich condition? this is it        Honda S2000 2000-2005 Fuel Rails – DeatschWerks

3 hours ago, SouthernJake said:

do you think the fuel rail could be causing the rich condition?

Fuel rail wont make any difference.  Use the fuel master as a rough mixture adjustment. 

1 hour ago, SouthernJake said:

the idle target table is not populated on the base map.

It is in mine.  You may be using an old PC Link, maps get updated from time to time, make sure you are using the latest which is V7.3.11

A copy of the base map idle target table is attached below, right click on your existing table and choose>import/export>import from file, then import this table file.     

Idle Target RPM.lte

wb is fine, i had to go back thru CAN setup. the fuel rich spot in idle rev WAS fuel. it has a bit of a dip in the map but it works. ive got to work on warm/hot starts, i think it needs a little more air. but how does the knock sensor setup look? what is a good starting point # wise? theres no dyno or tuners in the area so my intentions were to imitate what i did on the truck, and use the afr and knock to tune.