e throttle wiring question

yardpro

im working on finishing the wiring and am sown to the GM gen4 (LS3) throttle body and the porsche cayman s pedal. 

from previous people doing these swaps they are both bosh and have the same value range. 

my question is on getting the wiring correct. 

i understand that there are 2 pedal sensors that both need 5v

then both pedals get a signal and a ground. 

i assume i wire the grounds from the two pedals to one of the grounds on the ecu (68,34,25)

( i dont really understand the difference in the ground and grount out pins)

a also assume since we are measuring a voltage ( rheostat ) that i need to use 2 of the AN volt pins, one for each sensor. is this correct?

lastly i dont get what the vethrottle (pin5) is for and how its used in this setup. 

"Ground Out" and "Shield/Gnd" are the sensor ground pins, any sensor including APS and TPS should be connected to one of these.  The pins just labelled "Ground" are high current power grounds which should go to the engine block. 

The pedal will usually have 2 x sensor ground pins, 2 x 5V pins, 2 x AN Volt signal pins. 

35 minutes ago, yardpro said:

lastly i dont get what the vethrottle (pin5) is for and how its used in this setup. 

This is the power supply to the E-throttle system, it is generally recommended to come from a dedicated E-throttle relay so the ecu can cut throttle power in a safety event. 

Wiring for most of this is covered in the help file. 

RfpROxD.png

Thanks Adam.

i did read the help file but it wasn’t clear in the the differentiation between the e throttle pin and the aux 9/10.

is the e throtle pin the 5v source?

sorry I’m asking such simple questions. This is all new and there is no one anywhere even remotely close that I can take this to that does this work. 

17 minutes ago, yardpro said:

i did read the help file but it wasn’t clear in the the differentiation between the e throttle pin and the aux 9/10.

is the e throtle pin the 5v source?

What ECU do you have and what is the pin actually labelled?

9 hours ago, yardpro said:

The pin I’m referring to in the middle top of B loom and says  v e throttle.

Ok, I just found that label in the quick start guide and havent spotted that before.  This is a typo I would say, I suspect it was probably meant to say "+14V E-throttle", although even that doesnt match the rest of our documentation well so I will look into getting that fixed up so it is more consistent in future.  This pin is the 14V supply for the E-throttle driver, it is labelled "+14V Aux9/10" in the drawing I attached above and the same in most of our other documentation.  The pinout from the help file attached below so it matches the drawing above better.

0IZYtZS.png

Thanks Adam.   FYI the pinout i got that was included in the quickstart guide id different than the one you showed.  the +14 AUX 9/10 is simply labled E throttle.

also the looms i bought some of the wiring colors are different than what was in the pinout documnents.. not a big deal, just thought you guys would like to know. 

also the wiring diagram is confusing, 

it shows +14 aux 9/10 then further down is shows aux 9 (e throttle +) and aux 10 ( e throttle -) as seperate pins.

what i think i am getting from this is that the e throttle pin (B5) supplies power to pins 9 nd 10?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the +14v 9/10 is for your power supply to the ethrottle relay so ecu can switch it on or off in case of a malfunction. The pins 9 and 10 are for the ethrottle motor positive and negative 

13 hours ago, team claymore said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the +14v 9/10 is for your power supply to the e throttle relay so ecu can switch it on or off in case of a malfunction. The pins 9 and 10 are for the e throttle motor positive and negative 

from the wiring diagram shown above , the 14+ ( which in the quickstart guide i received with the extreme is labeled "V E throttle" is where the power comes in for the e throttle.  the relays shown an aux out provides the ground  to close the relays. when the aux activates it provides switched power to the ecu

What @team claymore states is correct.  "+14V AUX9/10" or "V Ethrottle" is the power supply (an input) to the E-throttle controller, this comes from the dedicated "e-throttle" relay which is controlled by an aux output.  The purpose is so the ecu can shut off power to the throttle in the case of failed hardware, a short in the wiring, or tuning issue etc that causes the motor to not follow commands.   

The pins labelled Aux 9 & 10 are the outputs that drive the motor.