Link CAN Gauge Daisy-chained to AEM X-series Wideband

nate240

Hi guys, searched first but wanted a more solid answer to my specific set up. So it seems to be do-able to connect these two devices but with how important an O2 sensor is for tuning I want to make sure my setup is solid.

So I have the AEM X-series Wideband (AEM-30-0300) and Link CAN Gauge. I was going to use the analog input but since the X-series is able to use CAN, I'd prefer that.

Current setup:

- One port of the Link CAN Gauge has a cable connecting it to one of the CAN ports directly on my plug in ECU

My idea: buy a Link Daisychain cable (SKU 101-0227), cut one end off, splice the flying leads to the GREEN/BLACK and WHITE/BLACK CAN high and CAN low from the X-series Gauge, and plug into the open port on the Link CAN Gauge.

Questions:

- I only need the 2 CAN High and CAN Low wires? (I would be joining the the wires directly off the AEM pigtail, not T'ing into, and de-pinning all the other wires off the daisychain cable)

- The terminating resistor on the CAN Gauge, should I plug the wire connecting to the ECU next to it, or should i plug in the daisy chain cable there, or does it not matter?

Thanks in advance!

image.thumb.png.c908254f17eed9edc481250b82cb1e06.png

Hey @Adamw thanks for the response I did what you confirmed but now I'm running into another problem. I saw some of your older posts saying that the GaugeART gauge config is fixed at 1Mbit. So my problem is that my X-series also seems to be fixed at 500 kb/sec. I'm hopeful there has been an update since. Is there a solution other than using two separate CAN networks?