G4+ 300zx plugin logs, first start struggle.

jonnyf7

Hi All,

I have a 300zx g4+ plugin powering a rb25det in a hr31. Swapped out the engine loom for an r33 one to use the plugin.

Its using r35 coils, 24-1 trigger on the cam, bosch ev-14 1000cc injectors. Engine is a fresh build.

Ran through and changed variables where suggested to suit the engine spec. Tested spark on each plug and done injector test on each.

Having a hard time getting it going, it cranks and fires a little.  Fingers crossed its something very simple i have missed in the ecu. Getting quite a few trig 1 err counters, thought the scope looks ok to my untrained eye. Am going to run a new temporary shielded cable through and see what that does.

Would appreciate any help.

Many Thanks.

trigger log.jpg

300zx plugin hr31 map.pclr Log 2024-06-24 10;08;58 pm.llg

At the beginning of your log the MAP sensor looks a bit wrong, it is sitting at 50kPa then slowly rises to normal atmosphere, like the hose was kinked or something.  It looks more realistic later in the log but keep an eye on that to make sure it is ok. 

Looking at your map and log it appears to have all the basics working, I suspect just not enough fuel, I would expect a master fuel around 8-10ms for 1000cc injectors so try it more at that level.  

Im assuming you have already confirmed the spark timing is somewhere in the ballpark with a timing light? 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply Adam.

Tried that and had no luck.

In the end Mark from Abbey Motorsport popped round and found I hadn’t changed the firing order in the ECU to suit the RB.

Whoops 🤦🏻‍♂️.

All running now.