2011 USDM STi Denso ECU WRX11X

h82lose91

Im 99% sure a 2011 uses the same "international" pinout that our WRX11 ecu supports.  The quick way to confirm is to look at the "B134" plug, positions 1/2/3, if it has no wires in these positions then it has the international pinout and will work with our wrx11 ecu.  

If it has wires in those cavities then this is what we call the "USDM" pinout which Im pretty sure only came into play in 2012.

ec3pVvY.png

Hey Adam we do not have the international pin out, could we run an adapter harness to make it work? We still want to run a link in the car were not sure if there were hardware changes with the different pinout? If there's no crazy hardware change would it be easier to get a furyx to wire it in? Or would you still recommend the v11? 

IMG_0685.jpeg

On 7/4/2024 at 12:01 PM, Adamw said:

Im 99% sure a 2011 uses the same "international" pinout that our WRX11 ecu supports.  The quick way to confirm is to look at the "B134" plug, positions 1/2/3, if it has no wires in these positions then it has the international pinout and will work with our wrx11 ecu.  

If it has wires in those cavities then this is what we call the "USDM" pinout which Im pretty sure only came into play in 2012.

I just looked at my notes again and I had that wrong in my head sorry, it looks like 2011 was the pinout changeover.  The change in 2012 that I was confusing myself with is related to the AC and CE light wiring.    

So yes, your pic confirms you have the USDM ECU pinout.  

If you are not in a desperate panic, we may have a product coming in the next couple of months that would probably be the best option for you, I will PM you some info since I dont want to give too much away before it is in stock and announced.

Otherwise, yes, a wire-in ecu with an adapter loom is probably the next best option, this is quite an IO hungry car though so depending if you have TGV etc you might have to lose some factory functionality with this option.  The final option is to either re-pin the factory loom to work with the international plug-in ecu which I have never tried but I imagine would be a difficult job, or have someone make an adapter loom to adapt to the international plug-in.     

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/8/2024 at 7:38 PM, Adamw said:

I just looked at my notes again and I had that wrong in my head sorry, it looks like 2011 was the pinout changeover.  The change in 2012 that I was confusing myself with is related to the AC and CE light wiring.    

So yes, your pic confirms you have the USDM ECU pinout.  

If you are not in a desperate panic, we may have a product coming in the next couple of months that would probably be the best option for you, I will PM you some info since I dont want to give too much away before it is in stock and announced.

Otherwise, yes, a wire-in ecu with an adapter loom is probably the next best option, this is quite an IO hungry car though so depending if you have TGV etc you might have to lose some factory functionality with this option.  The final option is to either re-pin the factory loom to work with the international plug-in ecu which I have never tried but I imagine would be a difficult job, or have someone make an adapter loom to adapt to the international plug-in.     

...I may be tempted and interested in this if it's still in the works. I've researched which pins I would need to swap to make the g4x work. 18 out of roughly 124 pinouts are the same. Also, some would have to be unpinned and re-crimped for the bigger or smaller terminal.
It looked liked the grounds are also changed a little bit.
Running a g4x in my miata made me highly consider getting one for my WRX and ditching the Cobb. But since I own a 11 it would be quite a bit of work to make a PNP... actually be pnp lol.