ignition timing multimap rotary switch

cruz177

Good morning,

I am tuning a honda ecu obd1 g4x addon.

I would like to have an 8 position rotary potentiometer to swap between ignition maps.

I am already using the dual table function to control the vtec

I have adjusted the switch input in gp, is it possible to change between several ignition maps or at least create some offset of, for example, +2º from ''x'' rpm?

Thank you

Well, I just did this as follows.

After assigning the switch, you created a table on transient ignition delay where one axis is the rotary switch position and another is the engine rpm.

I have set the minimum values in decay rate and maximum values in hold time, in this way I think that when moving the switch to position 2, it should have -1º of delay that would remain in a constant loop and therefore it would be the same as having more ignition tables.

My question is, if when going through the same rpm again if it has stayed in a loop, (-1)+(-1)=-2 is applied or it will be -1 constantly until the hold time ends and loop again.

Thank you

caf08467-82cb-4a06-bded-447b224c80fd.jfif 653524bf-c6d0-47fa-b953-07ba233c97a0.jfif

Thanks for the reply. Do 4D/5D tables add/subtract from the table in use? I use two different tables in vtec before and after, with different rpm and map scaling, so if I use the 4D/5D function it should reset/sum only when the engine is in vtec phase with the second table.

Will this work?

thank you

If you set the 4D activation to always on then it will always be applied.  It is added to the total commanded advance so will work regardless of what other table or trim is active.