RX8 AC control

cole watson

Hey guys,

I have a question about AC control in my RX8 with a G4+ Thunder ECU.

It's probably a dumb question but...

I've attached a couple of diagrams regarding AC clutch control between the ECU and AC Amp.

I assume that the factory ECU needs the mid pressure switch signal to operate to engage the clutch 

I'm about to start wiring so would really like to ensure it all goes smoothly.

Will the Link work like this or should I leave the pressure switches to the Hardwire PDM?

Thanks.

AC Amp.png

AC Presures.png

Link G4 Diagram PDM.png

The medium pressure switch is typically only used to cycle the condenser fan on and off (or change speed).  I have never needed it on any car I have done.  

I'm interested to see what you come up with on your AC as I'll be doing the same thing (albeit on a S2) this year.

One thing to note assuming the S1 and S2 cruise switches are the same (2 wire variable resistance) - you need a pullup resistor to 5V for the ECU to read the resistance properly. You can wire the cruise switches to an An Temp input and use its built-in pullup. This also saves you a regular An Volt input.

On 7/13/2024 at 3:04 AM, Laminar said:

You can wire the cruise switches to an An Temp input and use its built-in pullup. This also saves you a regular An Volt input.

Not on a G4+.  That is only an option with G4X or later.