random cutting out since firmware upgrade on my G3

steveb

Hi guys, I've had my car cut out twice now, once putting my foot to the floor in 5th at 60mph on smooth motorway revs build, boost build then dead - I start coasting and it cuts back in as if it never happened. Then again whilst datalogging 4th gear after flooring it through the gears sudden total loss of power and with in a fraction of a second all normal, the data log looked normal, not near any limits etc. Chatting to a friend he said hes experienced the same. Any ideas, its as if its doing a random hard cuts?

Well, first thing to do is roll back the firmware.  Second thing to do is send through a copy of the log file so we can have a look and try to come up with some sort of answer.  What version of firmware caused the problem?  Does the problem go away when you roll back the firmware.  I would appreciate a copy of your pcl file and log file to have a look...

How do you roll back the Firmware exactly? I'm have issues with my A/C which i'm sure has only started since upgrading from 1.4.1 to 1.5.1 this is on LEM G3 in a MY00 WRX. I open up the firmware update for Version 1.4.1 to try and roll it back but it can't find the ecu, this is with no other programs running on the laptop or PC Link connected???

The only reason I can think of that would cause the old firmware update not to work is that the com port number might be too high.  Use the windows device manager to reassign a lower comport number to the ECU and try again.  Although I still don't think anything has changed in the firmware updater since then.  I would definitely like to see the pcl and log files for this problem as if there is an issue we need to get on top of it.  Please note that a lot of other people have upgraded there WRXLink G3 to the latest firmware without issues, so it may just be a tuning problem due to the addition of a new feature...  If you send those files through I will have a look and see if I can find a solution.  Email [email protected]