RX7 13B engine not start

Vlad

Hi!

I can't start this engine. I have never worked with rotary engines before and therefore perhaps I do not understand something about how they work. Perhaps more experienced people will be able to find the problem by looking at my files. I tried adding fuel and decreasing fuel, nothing helps. The offset trigger was set according to the instructions in the help.

I will be glad if someone can help me.😥

three start.llgx Trigger Scope - 2024-07-11 12;41;20 am.llgx two start.llgx RX7_ver0.5.pclx

Most of the basics in your setup and log look ok.  The main part the looks incorrect to me is the fuel table, for modelled fuel equation the numbers in the fuel table represent volumetric efficiency, so usually the smallest value would be around 50-60% and the largest around 100-110%.  So you could multiply all values in your existing table by 2 to get closer. 

Rotaries can also be quite fussy with initial start-up when the tune is a long way off, they often foul spark plugs etc quickly. So, remove and clean spark plugs with solvent, even if they dont look bad.  Another thing I noticed is your fuel pressure is quite slow to build when you first start cranking so you are getting a very large inj PW initially, this may upset things if there is actually pressure already in the rail so for initial start-up I suggest you change the fuel system type setting to "MAP referenced" to rule this out.  

I would also increase ignition timing in the cranking area to 10deg, it may help it catch when things arent optimised.

Thanks Adam for your help! But I still can't start this engine. At first I tried different ignition angles(0-5-10-15), using all the numbers on the VE map to add and remove fuel. I checked the ignition and fuel supply in the test. I made a file based on a file from basemaps. I'm installing new spark plugs. Everything works and should start, but for some reason it doesn’t. I noticed that if you turn on the injectors during the test and add a little fuel to the intake manifold, then at the starting speed the engine tries to start, this can be seen in the log file. If you just start the engine without this, then nothing happens at all, it doesn’t even try to start. In this case, the upper spark plugs are wet and the lower ones are dry. I tried changing the injection timing, but this also does not work. I have tuned many engines with Link ecu and I can't even start this engine. I'm desperate.😂 

Just a week ago this engine started and ran at idle, but there was a sluggish response to the throttle. And then it simply stopped starting on the same settings.

Mazda RX7 S7-8 G4X.pclx Trigger Scope - 2024-07-16.llgx PC Datalog - 2024-07-16.llgx

How can I upload a log file larger than 8mb?

Man, I want to check if I connected the coils and injector correctly.

I have Ign drive reallocation configured in the same way as in the picture. The injectors are filled in the same way.

image.png.09caa2dc82edef671f6a344365d07edc.png image.png.d41fd9e72af58e2153bae73938292452.png

the wires are physically connected in this way:

Ign 1 to front rotor down spark Leading

Ign 2 to back rotor down spark Leading

Ign 3 to front rotor up spark Trailing

Ign 4 to back rotor up spark Trailing

Inj 1 to front rotor prim inj 

Inj 2 to back rotor prim inj 

Inj 3 to front rotor sec inj(manifold)

Inj 4 to back rotor sec inj(manifold)

Could I have been wrong?

Your log shows fuel pressure is only 2kpa when cranking.  This would be the first thing to investigate.  

Inj/Ign Reallocation should be turned off unless you need to use non-standard wiring.  Your wiring is correct/standard so I suggest turning off that function. 

uduhZjL.png

7ENQZ1g.png

Yes, Fuel press simply does not select sensor calibration.I just forgot about it when I transferred all the parameters to the base file. There is pressure in the line and it is 320kPa

Ok, I'll try to disable Inj/Ign Reallocation. Thanks