Hi output cooling fan issue.

JohnV

I have a link thunder, MSX race dash & two razor PDMs.

Had the car in for a tune today, but ran into a problem with the engine cooling fan faulting and tripping out.

Lookiing at the razor software the startup inrush current nudges the 60 amp limit , also the when the fan is running steady state its sitting on 24.5 to25.5 amps current draw and will often fault and not restart (not ideal)

what are my options  ?

I have a spare low output on the same pdm , can it be configured to run this as well to give a bit more head room ?

or will i need to run a relay for fan circuit.

What are your trip times and current limit set to?  The quoted ratings are pretty conservative so I would have expected the numbers you are quoting to be fine for a single output. The limit is usually the pins in the connector. 

I dont think the ADIO can be paralleled with a high current output safely.  

If you attach a copy of your thunder map I could possibly set up a CAN stream so you log in the ECU or PC Link to get a more user friendly log of the output current when it trips.   

Okay I took another look at the configuration today and fuse was set at 25amps which I figured was the max setting.

but it appears 30 is the max setting, so I think I’ve maxed everything out now and it appears to be handling it.

IMG_5215.thumb.jpeg.9f0bc035eaac3c6651eaa7e294530d04.jpegIMG_5216.thumb.jpeg.bbe978a697ad9e5d8136edf84cf9a47f.jpeg