Can Bus Setup

h82lose91

Link WRX104+ ecu.  Currently on CAN1 is Can Wideband, PowerTune Dash, AIM SOLO2DL.  This is a street/track car for TT and HPDE.  Wanting to add Tire Presure and Temp on the bus and send this information to the dash if possible.  Or worst case it goes just to the AIM Solo and is only available on track.  Would like it with all my logged data if possible.

https://trailbrake.com/tire-tpms/

This is the setup im looking at.  Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks!

The G4+ has pretty limited generic CAN input functionality, there are 8 generic CAN analog inputs but no way to label them or apply units etc - they will always be displayed as "CAN AN Volt 1 = 2.200V for example.  There are 8 CAN EGT channels that could possibly be used for tire temps but again cant be re-labelled.

Getting them into the Solo with the ECU data on the same bus will be no problem, just a custom template at the solo end.  

The powertune dash Im not sure about, I dont know if they have the capability of custom CAN inputs or if they do, how configurable they are.  

Would switching to a g4x fix this issue? Im possibly considering doing that or a wire in ecu since I feel I'm reaching the limits of this ecu.  Quad avcs, PWM water pump, now some can limitations.

G4X has more flexibility for CAN inputs, but I guess since you already have a capable logger, the question would be how important are tyre temps and pressures to have in the ECU?  You would typically want to view tyre temps and pressures relative to track position which means you want GPS or accelerometer track maps and distance based plots so G4+ logging isn't much use for that.  The G5 voodoo currently can do GPS track mapping, but not distance based plots yet. 

G4+ has the same or similar functionality as G4X in terms of quad AVCS and GP PWM's.