altezza link dbw relay?

monya

im wiring up a altezza link on a 2jz, and using a bosch throttle body, im curious if there should be a relay to control power feed to  throttle body like in the xtereme i wired up a bit ago ? if so what pin does that relayed power feed to ? 

thanks much,

The original safety strategy used by the factory ecu was an electronic clutch in the throttle body to mechanically disconnect the motor from the throttle shaft.  With the Link plug-in the "e-throttle relay" output controlled that clutch.  

In your case with an aftermarket throttle body you wont have this extra layer of safety from the clutch or the ability to disconnect power from the E-throttle circuit, however it is still quite safe, the RPM is limited to 1800 if a throttle fault ever occurs.

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

The original safety strategy used by the factory ecu was an electronic clutch in the throttle body to mechanically disconnect the motor from the throttle shaft.  With the Link plug-in the "e-throttle relay" output controlled that clutch.  

In your case with an aftermarket throttle body you wont have this extra layer of safety from the clutch or the ability to disconnect power from the E-throttle circuit, however it is still quite safe, the RPM is limited to 1800 if a throttle fault ever occurs.

perfectly answers my curiosity as i couldn't find a relay for it in the factory diagrams, thanks for the clarification.