2jzgte vvt cam sensor issues

Larry 914

Hello @Adamw

My 2jzgte vvt useing Fury and engine starting is well, but the vvt cam sensor getting a error but sometimes is good,if get error need turn off engine and ECU and start angin sometime is not get error. I trying trigger 2 Arming V adjust but issues is same, anyone same experience?

2jz vvt idle error log.llg 2jz vvt idle log.llg idle Trigger Scope Log 2024-10-7 11;21;21 am.llg start Trigger Scope Log 2024-10-7 11;20;35 am.llg 2JZGTE VVT Fury Tuning map.pclr

With the trig 2 arming thresholds set very high I suspect you are sometimes mis-syncing during startup, since you have wasted spark ignition the engine will still start so you wont know - but the cam position will be 360deg out from where the ecu expects it to be.   

For reliable sync your trig 2 arming threshold should be something like this:

image.png.99fa9737cbcc4630eeda3ad86c6d2982.png

After changing that, do a store and power cycle ignition/restart, then use the cam angle test to determine the correct offset for the trig 2 VVT offset.  You are currently set to 650deg, it is usually around 170. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Adamw said:

You are using the wrong trigger mode and the trigger 2 sync mode is set to none as well.  

Change your trigger setup to look like this:

image.png.e7c7cabb638f9a8ba305957bcf46b47d.png

Good Morning ,sorry I upload wrong file, this correct.

Toyota Supra IV G4+ 2jzgte vvt fury.pclr

9 hours ago, Laminar said:

What did your trigger 2 offset end up at after recalibrating?

offset around 170.

image.thumb.jpeg.836b443ef29261a9d42c7ce1cf482576.jpeg