Linkplus g3 g4 firmware wiring question

MattyC

Hi, so I am working my way through making a adaptor loom to go between my v3 wrx loom and the linkplus g3 . I located the wrx v3/v4 plugin manual which has been a good reference for sorting out pins. I have been working my way though and came to a point where the manual says that pins 4-5 and pins 17 and 18 on the wrx loom both go to ignition 1 and ignition 2 on the link loom. Is this correct? Link Aux 1 also is marked as wrx pin 13 twice.

Cheers

20241012_092753.jpg

17286788871991797016474581548545.jpg

• MattyC changed the title to Linkplus g3 g4 firmware wiring question

Only pin 4 & 5 is required for a wasted spark WRX, your car shouldn't even have wires in 17 &18.  Pin 17/18 was to allow the same ecu to be used in the legacy GTB which had COP.  

10 hours ago, MattyC said:

Link Aux 1 also is marked as wrx pin 13 twice.

Yeah that's weird, I think you must have an old one or the formatting has been messed up or something.  I just had a look at the current one on our website doesnt show that, and has pin 15 & 16 included which yours is missing.  Current one is here: https://linkecu.com/documentation/WRX4X.pdf

this was the link i found by googling that had the old version of the manual ,https://linkecu.com/documentation/WRX4+.pdf I found page 17 really useful and have used that to map all my inputs, I notice its not there on the 4x manual 

Ok another query, Ive got to the point of putting the ecu into the car, but the 2 main power wires (on pin 60 and 61) from the main relay arent supplying any power, a bit more diffing I found that there needs to be a wire sending a signal to the main relay to turn it on - In the plugin manual, that is pin 51, Ive currently not nothing on that pin so it might explain my issue,

Then there is also pin 62 marked as main relay control , which is referenced in the link below. 

How do i get around this to tell the main relay to turn on. car is a v3 sti type r if that makes any diff. 

I found this link https://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php?/topic/53846-v34-wrx-sti-ecu-power-wiring-information/

Which led me to check all fuses which are fine. If it needs power rather than an earth, can i bridge it from another switched power source perhaps? 

Im so close, yet so far lol . Cheers

image.thumb.png.0bcbdd47726ff3d6558a180e394a303d.png