bugfix on fresh install of pclink 7.4.3 (100% reproducable)

cbDrift

prep to reproduce the "bug"

install the app
run the app
load the base file for wrx v11 push button start
click on "boost" tab

"bug1"

you cant exit the axis for the boost trim tables

you can click on the right hand field of the trim tables and nothing happens

except if you click on the right hand field of "boost ect wastegate trim table (%)", the table axis and data values all move one column to the left and it then inserts a new column on the right with a temp 10 deg more than was there before - it moves the axis values and the data values - but you cant press x and edit the axis to undo this

same with "boost ect target trim table (kpa)" - same behavour

Is this by design - or are we going to be able to exit the axis on these trim tables one day - or is this a leftover of a good idea and needs to be disabled on these tables?  because ctrl-z doesnt undo this table shift thing.

"bug2"

if you load a computer log with everything logged "boost gear wastegate trim table" has no trace and neither does "boost gear target trim table" - they used to a few versions ago - but do not have this trace now - trace is useful as it let me find an issue where the calibration for the gear's was out and trace showed that i was always in gear 0 instead of the correct gear - something you wont notice without trace.

and of course the MOST important :P
"bug3"
theres no "click here to add 200hp reliably" button - i've looked everywhere but i cant find it :D

ok, so if I have to, I can live without bug3 - but the first 2 seem doable and useful

1 hour ago, cbDrift said:

you cant exit the axis for the boost trim tables

you can click on the right hand field of the trim tables and nothing happens

Not a bug, many of the small 2D trim tables are not configurable.  For variables like ECT and IAT pretty much any engine uses the same common temperature range so there is generally no need to have user-configurable axes.   Tables with user-configurable axes use a lot more processing resources than a fixed-axis 2D table so they are generally only used where absolutely needed.  For the same reason some functions have settings to swap between a fixed 2D table or a user-definable 3D table.   In the boost control function you can turn on "GP Boost Tables" which will give you an extra user-definable 3D trim and target trim table. 

2 hours ago, cbDrift said:

except if you click on the right hand field of "boost ect wastegate trim table (%)", the table axis and data values all move one column to the left and it then inserts a new column on the right with a temp 10 deg more than was there before - it moves the axis values and the data values - but you cant press x and edit the axis to undo this

same with "boost ect target trim table (kpa)" - same behavour

Is this by design - or are we going to be able to exit the axis on these trim tables one day - or is this a leftover of a good idea and needs to be disabled on these tables?  because ctrl-z doesnt undo this table shift thing.

I think you probably just have the panel on your layout set smaller than the actual table.  If you have screen real estate you can unlock the panel by clicking the X on the top right then drag one end wider.  Otherwise make it higher/lower and you should see a scroll bar.  If you dont have the real estate then you can use left/right arrows to move within the table, or hit the space bar at any time to jump straight to the active cell.  You can also enable active cell tracking (F5) which will scroll the table to always show the active cell - from memory this only works on the table that is in focus though.   

2 hours ago, cbDrift said:

"bug2"

if you load a computer log with everything logged "boost gear wastegate trim table" has no trace and neither does "boost gear target trim table" - they used to a few versions ago - but do not have this trace now - trace is useful as it let me find an issue where the calibration for the gear's was out and trace showed that i was always in gear 0 instead of the correct gear - something you wont notice without trace.

I can confirm the active cell is not logged for these tables, so will put that on the list for the software team to consider.  I dont think we have ever had those logged, I looked at a couple of my old logs with working gear detection and they all show zero. 

bug1 - yup it was panel layout - those two tables are waaaay larger than i thought (i'd never expanded the window for them because i never saw a scroll bar or the table "go off the right" of the window - cheers - that is not a bug, just like you said :)

bug2 - i think it did trace on the old g4 software but it doesnt on the g5 - it logs correctly, just wont trace on those two tables :)  Cheers for passing it onto the dev team!

Thanks for taking a quick look at these two things for me - cheers!

Do you ever sleep Adam?  you seem to be solving problems on the forums 24x7 :)  Thankyou!