newbee needing help

matthew baker

hi people im new on here and new to link ecu's..i drive a 93 subaru impreza wrx type ra iv been offered a brand new g1 direct plug in link g1 ecu with comlink included for a reasnoble price i just wanted to see what you all think im not after hugh computing power ijust want to get rid ov the maf sensor and up grade from my duaghter boared standard ecu..iv been trying too fine some info on these ecus but guessing there old by now and not much info available so can some 1 shed some light on them i.e what functions do they have anti lag/lunch control/mafless/optional out puts/lap top tunable/and how easy are they to setup??cheers for any advise you can give .mattybr5

Depending on the version of G1, it can be a good deal. Being a direct plug-in, you'd want to make sure it's at least a V4 or higher, so you have PCLink tuning ability. The version number it is will also shed light on what features it has. They are pretty simple to setup, as I am no computer whiz and had mine up and running in fairly short order. There is online support through enthusiasts who still use the older systems as well as generous technicians who answer questions that seem to come up. My advice is to determine what version it is, then download the manual for it. If it looks like it has the features you'd want....buy it. Good luck, Jay Storm

hi me again finally got my ecu connected to the laptop using a seriel converter so finally got to look what the map is looking like everything seems to be in order but it still wont start im not getting any rpm reading on the display is there a option to turn this sensor on/off i know the sensor works as i had the car running with the std ecu minutes before i plugged the link in any help would be gratefull.matt

Hi Matthew,

The manual for that ECU is available here: http://www.linkecu.com/support/dlandswupdates/Downloads/MY96Manual .

Your best option would be to save the map that's in there, and do a reload to get back to factory settings and start from there. Then you can always go back and look at the original map, keeping in mind that it was for a different car, with different mods.

-Cameron